Is Your Heart Burning?
Start with a “get to know you” conversation. Ask everyone to introduce themselves, share how they got connected at Valley Creek, and one fun fact about themselves.
- Tell us about the last time your heart was burning inside you because of an encounter with Jesus.
- How are each of you planning to engage in the Word of God this year? How do you plan to use the Reading Plan for you and your family? (Write these down and commit to helping to hold each other accountable.)
- What are you believing by faith for this year in Jesus’ name?
Psalms 119:105 says, “Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path."
Take a moment to practice engaging the Word of God by allowing His light to provide vision and direction to your life. Navigate to valleycreek.org/readingplan to find today’s chapter, set a timer for 10 minutes and read the chapter(s). Then, discuss what you read using the questions below:
- What is my key verse?
- What did I discover about Jesus and His kingdom?
- What is the Holy Spirit teaching me?
(Leaders, If there is not a chapter assigned for that day, choose a chapter from that week.)
Jesus, help us have the faith to follow You as a disciple and make disciples.