The Way of Gratitude
THE SOMEONE ELSE CHALLENGE
This week’s challenge is to express gratitude to someone who is not in your immediate circle of friends or family.
Dawson Shields, Denton Students Director
Kennedy Hughes, Central Worship Coordinator
Caleb Chapple, Flower Mound Teams Director
DISCUSS & ENGAGE THE SCRIPTURES
- Read 1 Thessalonians 5:18. It’s God’s will for us to give thanks in all things, both wants and needs. When was the last time you thanked God for something you needed but didn’t really want (encouragement, correction, challenge)?
- Read Luke 17:15-17 and Philippians 4:19. Where in your life are you seeing what isn’t instead of what is? How do you think Jesus is inviting you to move forward in the goodness He has for you?
- Read Philemon 1:4-5. Gratitude is expressed, genuine, and specific. How will you respond to the goodness of God in your life this week?
God, as a church we are grateful to You for our next generation and their willingness to follow God. Thank You that we get to be a family that is raising up generations of hope carriers. God, please continue to guide, protect, and raise up the next generation. Help us see Your goodness in our lives and respond with gratitude in all things.
- To learn more about the Young Adult Summer Internship, visit valleycreek.org/youngadults.
- When you submit attendance for your Circle, please share insight from your conversation around question #2 in the notes section.